You are here
Journal of Book of Mormon Studies 3/1 (1994)
|Title||Journal of Book of Mormon Studies 3/1 (1994)|
|Secondary Authors||Ricks, Stephen D.|
|Year of Publication||1994|
|Publisher||Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies|
|Place Published||Provo, UT|
The Journal of Book of Mormon Studies is dedicated solely to the serious and faithful study of the Book of Mormon in its historical, linguistic, cultural, and theological context. It is intended to provide a marketplace for serious faithful ideas and insights about the Book of Mormon.
Gordon C. Thomasson | pp. 1-27
The Original Language of the Book of Mormon: Upstate New York Dialect, King James English, or Hebrew?
Royal Skousen | pp. 28-38
Richard Dilworth Rust | pp. 39-52
Lynn D. Wardle | pp. 53-73
Kevin Christensen | pp. 74-93
David B. Honey | pp. 94-103
John S. Thompson | pp. 104-112
Kevin L. Barney | pp. 113-147
Corbin T. Volluz | pp. 148-169
John A. Tvedtnes | pp. 170-186
Bruce J. Boehm | pp. 187-203
William J. Adams | pp. 204-206
John A. Tvedtnes | pp. 207-209
Items in the BMC Archive are made publicly available for non-commercial, private use. Inclusion within the BMC Archive does not imply endorsement. Items do not represent the official views of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or of Book of Mormon Central.
Table of Contents
- What's in a Name? Book of Mormon Language, Names, and [Metonymic] Naming
- The Original Language of the Book of Mormon: Upstate New York Dialect, King James English, or Hebrew?
- Recurrence in Book of Mormon Narratives
- Dissent: Perspectives from the Book of Mormon
- A Response to David Wright on Historical Criticism
- The Secular as Sacred: The Historiography of the Title Page
- The Jaredite Exodus: A Literary Perspective of a Historical Narrative
- Enallage in the Book of Mormon
- Cry Redemption: The Plan of Redemption as Taught in the Book of Mormon
- Historical Parallels to the Destruction at the Time of the Crucifixion
- Wanderers in the Promised Land: A Study of the Exodus Motif in the Book of Mormon and Holy Bible
- Notes and Communications: Lehi's Jerusalem and Writing on Metal Plates
- Notes and Communications: "My First-Born in the Wilderness"
Journal of Book of Mormon Studies 3/1 (1994), Edited by Stephen D. Ricks. Vol. 3. Provo, UT: Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies, 1994.
Get the latest updates on Book of Mormon topics and research for free