You are here
Journal of Book of Mormon Studies 25 (2016)
|Title||Journal of Book of Mormon Studies 25 (2016)|
|Secondary Authors||Hauglid, Brian M.|
|Year of Publication||2016|
|Publisher||Neal A. Maxwell Institute for Religious Scholarship|
|Place Published||Provo, UT|
This issue marks the twenty-fifth anniversary of the Journal of Book of Mormon Studies. To celebrate this milestone this volume includes a retrospective about past editorships and a prospective looking ahead to the future of Book of Mormon studies.
Volume 25 also focuses on the seminal work of Grant Hardy. Thirteen years ago he published The Book of Mormon: A Reader’s Edition, following it up six years ago with Understanding the Book of Mormon: A Reader’s Guide. Hardy’s work has signaled another advance in Book of Mormon studies as the scripture receives increased attention in the wider academy. We as editors see his work as transitional in a crucial way, and as we mark the twenty-fifth anniversary of the Journal, we allow Hardy’s work to help us assess what has been done and what the future holds.
Items in the BMC Archive are made publicly available for non-commercial, private use. Inclusion within the BMC Archive does not imply endorsement. Items do not represent the official views of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or of Book of Mormon Central.
Table of Contents
- A Journal of Book of Mormon Studies Retrospective: Twenty-Five Years of Scholarship
- Understanding Understanding the Book of Mormon: An Interview with Grant Hardy
- Understanding the Book of Mormon
- An Apologetically Important Nonapologetic Book
- Comprehending the Book of Mormon through Its Editors
- Mixing the Old with the New: The Implications of Reading the Book of Mormon from a Literary Perspective
- A View from the Outside—An Appreciative Engagement with Grant Hardy’s Understanding the Book of Mormon: A Reader’s Guide
- Beyond Understanding: Narrative Theory as Expansion in Book of Mormon Exegesis
- The Book of Mormon Book Club
Get the latest updates on Book of Mormon topics and research for free