You are here
FARMS Review of Books 12/2 (2000)
|FARMS Review of Books 12/2 (2000)
|Peterson, Daniel C.
|Year of Publication
|Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies
The principal purpose of the FARMS Review of Books is to help serious readers make informed choices and judgments about books published, primarily on the Book of Mormon. The evaluations are intended to encourage reliable scholarship on the Book of Mormon.
Items in the BMC Archive are made publicly available for non-commercial, private use. Inclusion within the BMC Archive does not imply endorsement. Items do not represent the official views of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or of Book of Mormon Central.
Table of Contents
- Editor's Introduction: “What Has Athens to Do with Jerusalem?”: Apostasy and Restoration in the Big Picture
- Discovering Mormon and Moroni
- A New Approach to the Book of Mormon: The Restored Covenant Edition
- The Restored Covenant Edition of the Book of Mormon—Text Restored to Its Purity?
- "The Old Adorns the New": Reading the Book of Mormon in Light of the Bible
- Book of Mormon Scholar's Digest
- Scratching the Surface of Book of Mormon Narratives
- Speaking So That All May Be Edified
- Modern-Day Lessons from the Book of Mormon
- New Evidences for Old?: Buyer Beware
- Knocking Over Straw Gods
- Study of Early Christianity Vindicates the Restoration
- A New Look at Historic Christianity
- Feasting upon the Works: A Tribute to John L. Sorenson
- “An Obstacle to Deeper Understanding”
- That Old Black Magic
- Writing History Must Not Be an Act of “Magic”
- Explaining the Temple to the World: James E. Talmage's Monumental Book, The House of the Lord
- Shades of Darkness
- Introducing the Dead Sea Scrolls to an LDS Audience
- 1999 Book of Mormon Bibliography
Get the latest updates on Book of Mormon topics and research for free