You are here
|Title||FARMS Review of Books 12/1 (2000)|
|Secondary Authors||Peterson, Daniel C.|
|Year of Publication||2000|
|Publisher||Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies|
|Place Published||Provo, UT|
The principal purpose of the FARMS Review of Books is to help serious readers make informed choices and judgments about books published, primarily on the Book of Mormon. The evaluations are intended to encourage reliable scholarship on the Book of Mormon.
Items in the BMC Archive are made publicly available for non-commercial, private use. Inclusion within the BMC Archive does not imply endorsement. Items do not represent the official views of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or of Book of Mormon Central.
Table of Contents
- Editor's Introduction: “The Worst Herricy Man Can Preach”
- God's Name?
- Some Notes on the Anthon Transcript
- The Bearded, White God Is Everywhere—or Is He?
- Connecting the Nephite Story to Mesoamerican Research
- “Them Sneaky Early Christians”
- A New Way to Read the Epistles
- The Return of Ashtoreth to the Groves and High Places: Feminist Ideology, the Politics of Victimization, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- “An Awful Tale of Blood”: Theocracy, Intervention, and the Forgotten Kingdom
- “Out of Zion Shall Go Forth the Law” (Isaiah 2:3)
- Coin of the Realm: Beware of Specious Specie
- The Other Side of the Coin: A Source Review of Norman Geisler's Chapter
- Counterfeiting the Mormon Concept of God
- Not Completely Worthless
- Widening the Divide: The Countercult Version of Mormonism
- Terminating Some Terminology Problems Between Evangelical Christians and Mormon Christians
- A Word to Our Anti-Mormon Friends
- Cultured Conflicts: History Served on the Half Shell
- “A Tangled Web”: The Walter Martin Miasma
- The Spirit of Prophecy and the Spirit of Psychiatry: Restoration of Dissociation?
- For Greater Love and Understanding: Three Guides for the Study of Scripture
Get the latest updates on Book of Mormon topics and research for free