You are here
The Disciple as Witness: Essays on Latter-day Saint History and Doctrine in Honor of Richard Lloyd Anderson
|Title||The Disciple as Witness: Essays on Latter-day Saint History and Doctrine in Honor of Richard Lloyd Anderson|
|Year of Publication||2000|
|Series Editor||Ricks, Stephen D., and Donald W. Parry|
|Number of Pages||624|
|Publisher||Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies|
|Keywords||Cowdery, Oliver; Early Church History; Joseph Smith Papyri; Joseph Smith Translation; Kirtland, Ohio; Martyrdom; Missionary Work; Printing of the Book of Mormon; Smith, Joseph, Jr.; Young, Brigham|
Richard Lloyd Anderson is a scholars’ scholar. Among Latter-day Saints, he is dean and master of two separate fields of academic study: the New Testament and early LDS Church history.
His passion for history has profoundly influenced his scholarly career; his passion for order and system has shaped his missionary work and directed him into studying law; and his love for Brigham Young University and loyalty to its mission and destiny have guided his academic path.
This volume, as you can see from the table of contents, contains essays written by outstanding LDS scholars on Book of Mormon Studies, Old Testament Studies and Ancient History, and New Testament Studies and Early Christian History.
Table of Contents
Items in the BMC Archive are made publicly available for non-commercial, private use. Inclusion within the BMC Archive does not imply endorsement. Items do not represent the official views of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or of Book of Mormon Central.
Table of Contents
- Introduction (Disciple as Witness)
- Second Only to Christ: Joseph Smith in Modern Mormon Piety
- The Ram and the Lion: Lyman Wight and Brigham Young
- The Tomb of Joseph
- Words of Comfort: Funeral Sermons of the Prophet Joseph Smith
- Richard Lloyd Anderson and Worldwide Church Growth
- The Return of Oliver Cowdery
- Eyewitness, Hearsay, and Physical Evidence of the Joseph Smith Papyri
- Every Kindred, Tongue, and People
- David Whitmer and the Shaping of Latter-day Saint History
- Pleasing the Eye and Gladdening the Heart: Joseph Smith and Life's Little Pleasures
- Antiquites, Curiosities, and Latter-day Saint Museums
- The Role of the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible in the Restoration of Doctrine
- The Authorship Debate Concerning Lectures on Faith: Exhumation and Reburial
- John Gilbert's 1892 Account of the 1830 Printing of the Book of Mormon
- Historical Perspectives on the Kirtland Revelation Book
- Oliver Cowdery's 1835 Response to Alexander Campbell's 1831 "Delusions"
- Mormon Missiology: An Introduction and Guide to the Sources
- A Topical Bibliography of the Works of Richard Lloyd Anderson
- A Chronological Bibliography of the Works of Richard Lloyd Anderson
Get the latest updates on Book of Mormon topics and research for free