You are here
|Title||The Book of Mormon: First Nephi, the Doctrinal Foundation|
|Year of Publication||1988|
|Series Editor||Nyman, Monte S., and Charles D. Tate, Jr.|
|Series Title||The Book of Mormon Symposium Series|
|Number of Pages||343|
|Publisher||Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University|
In a variety of themes and approaches, the symposium papers reproduced in this volume explore the first book in the Book of Mormon—First Nephi. The value of the Book of Mormon, historical background of the plates, and the title page are all discussed. How the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, how its biblical allusions and its affirmations of God’s dealings with man establish the truth of the Bible; and how textual evidences further verify the authenticity of the Book of Mormon are demonstrated.
Table of Contents
Items in the BMC Archive are made publicly available for non-commercial, private use. Inclusion within the BMC Archive does not imply endorsement. Items do not represent the official views of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or of Book of Mormon Central.
Table of Contents
- The Book of Mormon: A Great Answer to "The Great Question"
- The Title Page
- The Calling of a Prophet
- Father Lehi
- Lehi and Nephi: Faith unto Salvation
- The Prophet Nephi
- The Book of Mormon Plates
- 'Behold, I Have Dreamed a Dream'
- Stela 5, Izapa: A Layman's Consideration of the Tree of Life Stone
- The Mysteries of God Revealed by the Power of the Holy Ghost
- Another Testament of Jesus Christ
- Early Christianity and 1 Nephi 13-14
- Establishing the Truth of the Bible
- A Land of Promise, Choice Above All Other Lands
- From Small Means the Lord Brings About Great Things
- Lehi's Journeys
- Transoceanic Crossings
- The Prophecies of the Prophets
- Textual Evidences for the Book of Mormon
- B.H. Roberts: The Book of Mormon and the Atonement
- Conclusion and Charge
Get the latest updates on Book of Mormon topics and research for free